We compare prices, you just find the best deal!
- Free online comparison tool, compare prices with a single click
- Best price guaranteed, cheaper than going direct.
- Included rate details to find out the best deals online
Car hire Italy
Italy is an excellent choice for your holidays, driving in Italy is also a fantastic experience...but you may not want to spend most of your money in the car rental; sometimes it is not easy to find the cheapest car hire in Italy without hidden extra charges; our prices are final if you are over 24 years of age. We have a large selection of affordable car hire in Italy, try us and enjoy our cheapest prices with the highest guarantee.
A way to travel to Rome if we do from another Italian city, Florence, Naples, Venice, Milan, Pisa or any other, is by train. Italy has an extraordinary network of railways and the frequency of trains between major cities is high. However we have to recommend to drive in Italy as it is an unique experience; this way you will not only save time in your Italy trips and tours, but also enjoy the cities and beautiful landscapes while driving.
Car rental Italy
If you want to go to Italy by car, take in consideration that transportation of the car by boat to Italy may cost no less than 550€ if you do from Barcelona, car rental Italy is affordable and cheaper, making you able to enjoy your holidays without having to pay that much; by spending a little more you can get a long term car rental in Italy at a very cheap price.
A recommended trip is from Napoles, Capri and visiting Pompeya...all of this can be done driving from Rome airport.
Driving tips in Italy
Driving in Italy is rather "chaotic" and we must drive with all senses alert. The highway signs are green and are tagged with the letter A.
Italy has a network of roads and highways reasonably well maintained, however they are not well conserved as you reach the southern region. The country's main highway linking north and south and Milan to Naples, is called A1 highway, but it is known as the "Autostrada del Sole" (Sun´s highway), or E35 in the European standards. The A1 connects to other highways that cross heading east and west of the country.
The Italy the motorway network contains a large number of tolls compared to other European countries, but if you have time, we recommend to avoid them driving on the free highways and roads. The toll is payable when you exit the highway, and payment may be made by cash or credit card. If you rent a car in Italy we recommend the free toll roads, as you can experiment the better views of the region where you are driving in.
Below are some tips if you plan to drive with your rental car in Italy:
- Driving in the cities is difficult because of the large number of cars and motorcycles. Parking is scarce and expensive.
- These are the speed limits: 50km / h in urban areas, 110km / h on secondary roads, 130kph on motorways. There are speed cameras installed in many places abroad and if the driver exceeds the limits, you may receive the fine months later at home. The penalty will be economic, but it will not cause loss of license driver points.
- It is mandatory to switch on low beam headlights during the day both in motorway as highway.
- In Italy it is compulsory to have on the vehicle a warning triangle, a box of spare bulbs and reflective vest must be inside the cabin of the car, not the trunk.
Remember to drive safe and to enjoy the beautiful views of Italy while driving. Ask at the car rental desk in Italy if you have more questions about driving in Italy.
Italy external tourism links
Cheap car hire in Italy
From our more than 450 car hire provides, you will be able not only to rent a car from our wide selection, but to compare car hire prices and get the cheapest car hire offers in Italy .
Below are a list of some of our economy and cheap car hire Italy and at Italy airport.
- Toyota Aygo
- Ford Fiesta
- Volkswagen Golf 5dr
- Ford Fiesta 5dr
- Volkswagen Golf Automatic
- Ford Focus Stationwagon
- Renault Laguna tdi
- Volkswagen Passat
- Volkswagen Polo
By selecting the cheapest car hire, it is possible to get long term car rental in Italy for your long term holidays, even when your budget is limited.
Luxury, exotic and premium Italy car hire
If you can afford a luxury car you may be looking for a comfortable luxury car hire in Italy...we manage a wide selection of premium cars.
- Mercedes SLK
- Mercedes SL
- BMW X6
- Cabrio car models
Some european destinations weather is nice enough for driving with a cabrio. Why not choosing a cabrio car hire and feeling the air while driving in Italy?
9 seater or 9 seater minivan Italy car hire
When travelling with the familiy or friends, we may need a 7 seater or 9 seater minivan car hire Italy, sometimes space in the vehicle is more needed than luxury. Why renting 2 cars for all members of your group when is possible to rent a 9 seater together?.We manage a large variety of familiar cars to rent in Italy.
Explore and enjoy Italy with your family car!.
- Opel Vivaro 9 seater or similar
- Volkswagen Caravelle or similar
- Fiat Panama 9 seater or similar
- Nissan Primastar 9 seater or similar
- Ford Transit 9 seater or similar
- Citroen Jumper 9 Seater or similar
- Minibus 9 Seater or similar
- Fiat Ducato 9 seater or similar
- Mercedes Sprinter - 9 seats or similar
- Mercedes Vito Cdi or similar
- Volkswagen Transporter or similar
- Toyota Minibus 9 seater or similar
- Renault Traffic 9 seater or similar
- Hyundai Starex 9 Seater tdi or similar
- Peugeot Expert 9 Passenger or similar
- Hyundai H1 9 seater or similar
Pay on arrival
You pay the rental car on arrival, check the quote for details. Secure your vehicle today and pay your car hire in Italy on arrival.