We compare prices, you just find the best deal!
- Free online comparison tool, compare prices with a single click
- Best price guaranteed, cheaper than going direct.
- Included rate details to find out the best deals online
Car hire Spain
There many advantages for car hire in Spain, particularly when you are on holidays, and Spain car hire is the first stop for many tourists coming to Spain. In fact, it is practically essential to hire a car if you really want to explore this country and you also enjoy driving. Other reasons might be that you need a larger vehicle for your vacation or visit.
Car hire Spain means you can visit any cities you want, stopping off whenever you need to. Spain has just about everything for anybody, whether you like the beaches from Malaga, Alicante and Barcelona or the interior tourism like Oviedo or Madrid and white villages in Andalusia.
Discover with us the Spanish nightlife, the best cultural monuments and the most popular "fiestas" famous all over the world. Spain is different, come and experience it!
Public transport in Spain is not the best option, at least for those who dont like crowded spaces and long waits, so we always recommend planning before your holidays, and if you want to get the most from your visit, rent a car in Spain, you will not regret.
(Picture above sent to us by one of our customers from his apartment in Spain.)
Compare car hire Spain
Prices can be cheap if you know where and when to rent a car in Spain, compare car hire Spain with public transport and you will find out the benefits of hiring a car. Actually there are many online car rental companies offering low prices for car hire Spain, so we recommend renting a car ahead of time, more even if you are looking for long term car hire Spain or cheap car hire in Spain. Some of our customers reserved the car up to 2 years before coming...however we think that is too much time, just make it a few months before your holidays and you will be saving while you rent a car in Spain.
When coming to Spain for holidays, you may need to use the public transport or to choose the car rental Spain option as we recommend. I can say that you will enjoy the views and driving in Spain is not a problem, so at least that is what our customers said.
- Taxis use to be expensive, and if you arrive to any airport in Spain there will be plenty of them at the arrivals hall so you can´t get lost.
- Trains are a nice transportation method if you know already the place and the station is close to your destination.
- Public bus are usually poor, and under my experience I can´t recommend them, so if you need to move you better get a taxi transfer from the airport to your hotel or home.
- Car hire Spain can be cheaper than using public transport if you like to explore your destination...and who don´t want to do this?. Compare car hire with any other transportation method if you really plan to tour the city, and hiring a car will be much cheaper.
Most tourists choose Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona, Mallorca or Ibiza Island, Tenerife, Murcia...and many more cities which have once thing in common, those are all coastal cities. Spain is a paradise if you like the beach and the sun, the coastal roads in Spain are also different to anywhere else, and we recommend you to drive them.
There are other popular and interior destinations like Madrid or Zaragoza, Segovia is also a very historic city in Spain, very visitted in the Outumn by many tourists.
We hope you enjoy your visit and please share your experience with us, we will be so glad to let others know about your comments about car hire in Spain or about your holidays in Spain.
Car rental Spain
Driving in Spain is easy, but you must take special careful when driving in big cities. There are some dangerous defects in people while driving in Spain, as in example when they want to change of lane,they can just turn on the car indicator, and I do not why, but this make them think it also provide some sort of power shield protection to the car as they just don´t take care of the vehicle behind...I have experienced this and not only once, but several times so I assume it is a practice for many drivers in Spain, remember it if you are going to drive your rental car in Spain.
If you are careful while driving with all your senses on the road there is no problems at all.
Parking in Spain can be as easy or not, depending on your destination. Big cities parking use to be hard to find, but there are also public parkings available for a cheap cost.
Do I really need to hire a car?
It depends on what sort of holiday are you looking for, but this afirmation is applicable for some destinations...other popular locations like Mallorca or Malaga, will require you to rent a car just for visiting the beaches from the island in the case of Majorca or getting to your resort, when visiting Malaga.
If you plan to be on bed during your holiday in Spain, then you don't need a car, but if you would like to visit more places than the town where you are located, then a car is a must and I can say that if you plan your visit in advance, it will be a unforgettable visit.
Top 5 trips in Spain by car
Every visit to Spain is unforgettable, at least that is what our visitors say....but if you want a planning example for you and your vehicle, here you are our top 5 journeys every visitor should do at least once.
- Malaga is the first of this list and when visiting Malaga, driving to Ronda is a must, it is a place you will not forget...from the arquitecture to the location, and Malaga as destination is ideal for being your starting point in Andalucia through Malaga airport.
- Avila is a recommended visit in our blog, it is one of the most popular medieval cities in Spain where you will take the most beautiful pictures, and while being there you can also drive to Segovia, a place for those who enjoy the good food and the monuments.
- Toledo is the home of the most famous swords of the medieval times, visiting Toledo is like getting back on time, also close to Segovia and Avila.
- Alicante and Murcia are ideal for those who enjoy the beach, the sun and the nightlife, and those places are just 4 hours far by car from Malaga.
- Barcelona means modernity, monuments, nightlife and many more...will you discover the rest?
Do you have more favourite places in Spain? recommended trips? Share them with us!
Cheap car hire in Spain
From our more than 450 car hire provides, you will be able not only to rent a car from our wide selection, but to compare car hire prices and get the cheapest car hire offers in Spain .
Below are a list of some of our economy and cheap car hire Spain and at Spain airport.
- Toyota Aygo
- Ford Fiesta
- Volkswagen Golf 5dr
- Ford Fiesta 5dr
- Volkswagen Golf Automatic
- Ford Focus Stationwagon
- Renault Laguna tdi
- Volkswagen Passat
- Volkswagen Polo
By selecting the cheapest car hire, it is possible to get long term car rental in Spain for your long term holidays, even when your budget is limited.
Luxury, exotic and premium Spain car hire
If you can afford a luxury car you may be looking for a comfortable luxury car hire in Spain...we manage a wide selection of premium cars.
- Mercedes SLK
- Mercedes SL
- BMW X6
- Cabrio car models
Some european destinations weather is nice enough for driving with a cabrio. Why not choosing a cabrio car hire and feeling the air while driving in Spain?
9 seater or 9 seater minivan Spain car hire
When travelling with the familiy or friends, we may need a 7 seater or 9 seater minivan car hire Spain, sometimes space in the vehicle is more needed than luxury. Why renting 2 cars for all members of your group when is possible to rent a 9 seater together?.We manage a large variety of familiar cars to rent in Spain.
Explore and enjoy Spain with your family car!.
- Opel Vivaro 9 seater or similar
- Volkswagen Caravelle or similar
- Fiat Panama 9 seater or similar
- Nissan Primastar 9 seater or similar
- Ford Transit 9 seater or similar
- Citroen Jumper 9 Seater or similar
- Minibus 9 Seater or similar
- Fiat Ducato 9 seater or similar
- Mercedes Sprinter - 9 seats or similar
- Mercedes Vito Cdi or similar
- Volkswagen Transporter or similar
- Toyota Minibus 9 seater or similar
- Renault Traffic 9 seater or similar
- Hyundai Starex 9 Seater tdi or similar
- Peugeot Expert 9 Passenger or similar
- Hyundai H1 9 seater or similar
Pay on arrival
You pay the rental car on arrival, check the quote for details. Secure your vehicle today and pay your car hire in Spain on arrival.